Looking for ideas for Halloween Cupcakes? We found some yummy, spooky and adorable options that will be eaten by all your little Halloween ghosts and goblins before they can say ‘Trick or Treat!’ Check them out… you’re sure to find the perfect one for your Halloween party, block party or party at school!
Halloween Cupcake Ideas
Are you excited about Halloween being right around the corner? We are too! It’s always fun to make festive treats during special holidays and Halloween is no exception! Whether you’re looking for a special dessert for your family, the fall festival, your kid’s classroom celebration or your own Halloween party, these 25 Halloween Cupcake Ideas are sure to inspire!
1. Easy Halloween Ghost Cupcakes – She had me at easy, ghost and carrot cupcakes! This recipes has some fantastic tips on making these, which I always love. These are super adorable!
(Note: This link doesn’t feature the recipe anymore, but the picture is still great for inspiration! Make or buy your favorite flavored cupcake, put it into a black cupcake wrapper and ice it as pictured – simple and spooky fun!)
2. Spider Fondant Cupcakes – How cute are these little fondant spiders? Never in a million years did I think I’d say cute and spider in the same sentence, but I love these. Now the person who made these says that if you aren’t crafty, you can probably make something out of fondant. So try it!
4. Scrumptious Skeletons – All you need to make these cute little guys are some mini marshmallows, white and black gel and chocolate icing. CUTE.
6. Easy Witch Hat Cupcakes – These adorable little cupcakes are sure to be the hit of your party! How cute is that Hershey’s kiss witches hat?!
7. Candy Corn Cupcakes – I love Candy Corn. I love Cupcakes. Win. Win. Aren’t these just pretty?! These are sure to be a beautiful and festive addition to any Halloween dessert table!
8. Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting – This recipe isn’t really about the decoration on top, but rather about the cupcake and icing itself. If you love all thinks pumpkin spice, this cupcake is for you!
9. Witch’s Hat Cupcake – Here’s another variation on the witch’s hat cupcake. Again, a totally fun cupcake idea for Halloween!
10. Mini Spider Bites Cupcakes – These obviously take some time and love, but I bet the kiddos would love to help you with this one! I just love the long spider legs, don’t you?
11. Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Candies – These cupcakes are absolutely gorgeous and would be an elegant addition to your Halloween dinner party! A simply frosted cupcake topped with a pumpkin candy – classic!
12.Halloween Cupcakes In a Jar – These would be fun to serve at a Halloween party! Plus, these are great for making a head of time without having to worry about perfecting your decorating job – they’re virtually fool-proof!
13. Free Printable Halloween Cupcake Toppers – If you’re not into all of the decor or you would just like to go very simple and chic, you can print these free Halloween cupcake toppers from HGTV. I love the chevron pattern! Or keep things simple for yourself and order some cupcake toppers – we love these witch legs one!!
14. Layered Halloween Cupcakes – Here’s an idea that just requires three different colors of icing layered on top of each other, just like a candy corn. Nice and easy and not scary at all!
15. Witch Hat Cupcakes – These witch cupcakes, made with an ice cream cone, are full of color and character. Aren’t they cute?!
16. Mummy Cupcakes – The nice blue color keeps these mummies from being creepy. These cupcakes are so easy to make and your Halloween party guests are sure to be impressed!
17. Sweet Monster Cupcakes – Although not as simple as some of the other cupcakes in this list, how charming is this Frankenstein like monster?! It’s amazing what you can turn a marshmallow into!
19. Free Printable Halloween Cupcake Toppers – Here are some more free printable cupcake toppers for Halloween. This is definitely one of my most favorite ways to decorate cupcakes. It’s so…snazzy (and simple!).
21. White Mummy Cupcakes – More mummy cupcakes! But these are white mummies. They’re still not scary though and are as cute as ever. To get the mummy strips just right, if you’re not used to using an icing bag, you might want to practice a few times or just stick with the recipe that uses the strips of candy.
22. Ghost Cupcakes – If you’re feeling ambitious, grab some white fondant, mini chocolate chips and make these darling ghost cupcakes for Halloween!
23. Jack Skellington Cupcakes – Are these not some of the coolest cupcakes you’ve ever seen?! These cupcakes are fun and totally impressive! And if you love these, be sure to check out our Jack and Sally Inspired Halloween Tablescape too!
24. Halloween Polka Dot Cupcakes – There are quite a few Halloween cupcake ideas on this site, but these are one of my favorites. I love the simplicity, don’t you? It makes a big visual impact, especially with the different cupcake sizes all on one serving tray.
25. Orange Velvet Cupcakes – Ooooh, just the name orange velvet grabbed my attention. These cupcakes are beautiful. She has several more pictures you just gotta see. Decorate them with red sprinkles to emulate blood, or go for classic Halloween colors like orange, black and purple.
Did you enjoy these Halloween Cupcake Ideas? If so, be sure to Pin this post for later!