Here are Parties 365 we believe there is always a reason to celebrate! With the arrival of fall right around the corner (reason enough to throw a party), we wanted to highlight some unique September Holidays to give you another excuse to pop the bubbly!
If having the Autumn Equinox wasn’t enough, September had to go and get crazy and claim Better Breakfast Month, International Square Dancing Month, Chicken Month and National Blueberry Popsicle Month! Celebrate all four of those in one day and you’ve got one heck of a party, right?!
Okay, in honor of all unique holidays everywhere, let’s mark our calendars with these unusual holidays happening in September…
- 1st: National Cherry Popover Day
- 3rd: Labor Day; Skyscraper Day
- 5th: Be Late for Something Day (accomplished easily since it’s also Cheese Pizza Day)
- 7th: National Salami Day
- 9th: Grandparent’s Day
- 11th: 9/11 Remembrance Day
- 12th: National Chocolate Milkshake Day
- 13th: Defy Superstition Day and Fortune Cookie Day
- 15th: Make a Hat Day
- 16th: Collect Rocks Day; Mexican Independence Day; Wife Appreciation Day (can I get an Amen?)
- 19th: International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- 21st: Miniature Golf Day; International Peace Day
- 22nd: Elephant Appreciation Day; International Rabbit Day
- 23rd: Dog in Politics Day
- 28th: Ask a Stupid Question Day; National Good Neighbor Day
What do you think? Did you find a weird holiday you can’t wait to celebrate in September? Be sure to join us on Facebook and share your September Holiday celebrations!