Gather your best gal pals, because it’s time for an epic Galentine’s Day party! Galentine’s Day, a holiday invented by Leslie Knope on the show “Parks and Recreation,” falls on February 13th, the day before Valentine’s Day. It’s the perfect time to celebrate your besties and how awesome the girls and women in your life truly are! Here’s your How To Guide for throwing the best Galentine’s Day Party around!
You’re ready to host a beautiful party for your girlfriends, but wondering where to start? Never fear – we’ll walk you through everything so throwing your party is simple and fun!
Galentine’s Day Party Theme Ideas
Every group of gal pals are different, so you’ll have to figure out what will work best for you and your friends. Are you more mimosas-and-pajamas people, or would you prefer a glam night out on the town? Do you all like to craft, or read, or eat, or drink wine? Choose your theme based on the passions that unite your friendship. Here are a few ideas to get the creative juices flowing…
- Pajamas and Pancakes (think brunch with mimosas, of course)
- Crafting Party (focused on your latest Pinterest obsession)
- Sugar Cookie Party (decorate heart, x’s and o’s with pink-and-red icing and sprinkles)
- Wine Tasting (focusing on pinks and reds)
- Ladies Night Out (start at home with cocktails and apps before calling an Uber to take you out)
You can also reach out to your girls and ask them what they’d like to do. If your group decides they don’t want a theme, you could always go for a classic red-and-pink theme and incorporate plenty of hearts and x’s and o’s.
Galentine’s Day Invitations
Cute invitations are a must for your Galentine’s Day Party and going the extra mile with paper invites (instead of text, email or a Facebook event) will show how much you care. You can make your own with heart or Galentine’s Day stickers on Valentine’s Day themed cardstock, or you can print your own with one of the super fun Galentine’s Day designs we found on Etsy. Seriously fun.
Galentine’s Day Decorations
When you’ve decided what type of party you’re going to throw, it’s time for the decorations. Personally, this is my favorite part of any party. Transforming your home (or location) into party central is always a blast, especially if you have friends helping you out. Here are a few Galentine’s Day decor ideas that will fit most party themes:
A few other ideas to consider when decorating:
- Print out cute Galentine’s Day or friendship quotes and put them on the table and around the house for some extra decor.
- Put out jars of pink candies on your dessert table or as your centerpiece.
- Hang up some string heart lights for extra ambiance.
Galentine’s Day Food and Drink
It’s not really a party until there are food and drinks, right?! You can tie your food to the theme of your party or make your gal pals their favorite sweet treats! Here are a few ideas:
Dipped and Decorated Pretzels
These super easy-to-make treats can be easily customized and always taste great!
- Melt some candy melts in the microwave (go for pink or white melts).
- Dip the pretzels in, then roll in Valentine’s themed sprinkles.
- Put pretzels on wax paper and let dry.
If you’re doing a breakfast-themed party or brunch, why not put together a waffle bar! This is also a perfect nod to Leslie Knope (Galentine’s Day founder), who adored waffles.
- Decide on a place for the bar.
- Set a plate for fresh waffles, plates and utensils at the beginning of the table.
- Put various fruits (strawberries, blueberries, etc) in bowls and set on the table after the waffles.
- Do the same with a few sweet treats (chocolate chips, melted caramel, sprinkles, etc.)
- Finish the set up with a couple cans of whipped cream and a bottle of syrup and you’re good to go!
Galentine’s Day Playlist
Music is a pretty important part of any party because it determines the vibe and tone of your event. You’ll want your Galentine’s Day playlist to be full of positive, girl power anthems. Ask your girlfriends what their favorite powerful anthems are and make a playlist on Spotify or Apple Music. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Ugly Heart by G.R.L
- How Far I’ll Go by Alessia Cara
- Ready For It by Taylor Swift
- Sorry Not Sorry by Demi Lovato
- Homemade Dynamite by Lorde
- Run The World (Girls) by Beyonce
- Girl On Fire by Alicia Keys
- Wings by Little Mix
- Man! I Feel Like A Woman! by Shania Twain
- Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani
I hope your Galentine’s is full of friends, food, and love! Be sure to Pin this post for later as you’re planning your party!