Are you looking for some super fantastic Super Mario Party Ideas? This theme is still so popular and being a child of the late 80s and early 90s that I am, this makes me very, very happy. From the Super Mario Party Supplies and activities to the fun food and decorations, we’ve rounded up some great ideas to help you throw one amazing party.
Super Mario Party Ideas
The Party Supplies & Decoration
Birthday Express has an entire Super Mario Party in a Box where you just pick how many guests will be there, choose the supplies you want and it arrives at your door. From the plates and napkins to the tablecover and balloons, they’ve made it easy for you so you can focus on other aspects of the party – like food and entertainment.
I love this Super Mario Bros. Standup. It measures 25″ W x 59″ H, which makes such a great statement piece for the party. Pair him with the Luigi standup and wow, your party guests will love it. Plus, they can pose for pictures with the standups, which makes for fun souvenirs for them to take home.
For the Birthday party table, there are a few centerpiece ideas. From a cardboard one that helps bring the characters to life, to the one pictured above where Mario and Luigi are popping out of a box.
Another fun idea, is to set up this Super Mario Bros Yahtzee game as a centerpiece. There’s also Super Mario Bros. Monopoly with the different characters, or this checkers game. Have some fun when decorating the Birthday table and think outside the box a little. You don’t have to use a centerpiece. You can get creative and use fun items meant for something else as your centerpiece. Plus, depending on the ages of your party guests, they can play the games during the party. Fun!
Here’s another cute standup – cute kids not included. 😀
Have Mario masks available for the kids to play dress-up. These would also make for some really great pictures.
Also, here are some Super Mario Party decorations that are just spot on:
- I love this party backdrop featuring the Super Mario blocks and coins. So fun!
- This idea featuring tissue boxes is so creative. I LOVE how they thought of re-purposing something that was going to be thrown away.
- Print out these Super Mario printable blocks and use on the table for an added fun element.
- Using Super Mario Bros. posters for party decor is perfect! I found some great posters here, from each individual character to the whole gang.
- Decorate with primary color streamers and balloons, which pull in the colors from the game.
- Or add white polka dots to red Mylar balloons to make a mushroom. Brilliant! Or, decorate with a Super Mario balloon bouquet. Easy peasy.
The Party Food
Would you like to make your own cake for the party? Top it with a Super Mario Cake Topper. As you can see, all you need is a simple white cake with minimal decorations and you have a cake your little party people will love and devour.
Put a cupcake box, filled with a cupcake of course, on the party table or by each guests’ place at the table. They’re not only decorative, but practical. If someone wants to take their cupcake home, they can! (Here’s another option.)
More Super Mario Party Food ideas:
- Fill a glass bowl with round cheese balls and stick a flower you printed out in it. These are Mario’s fire balls!
- Toad’s Tostitos
- Peanut butter and jelly stars – so cute
- I love this simple cupcake idea. You just need a few cans of icing, dye it each one a different primary color and top with Wilton Candy melts to create the spots for the mushroom cupcakes. Love it!!
- How cute are these bom-omb cake pops?
- Mushroom marshmallow pops will surely be a big hit at your party
- How about some veggie flowers?
A pinata is always a crowd pleaser. The one pictured above comes with pinata fillers, blindfold and the buster.
More party game ideas:
- Pin the mustache on Mario? I think I will thank you!
- Set up your own Super Mario obstacle course in your yard. It’s a great way to help the kids get their energy out!
- Fireball the Piranha Plants because, why not?
- Mario on the wall matching game
- Printable Mario Brothers Memory Game
Send your party guests home with some goodies! Like a Super Mario plush, notepads, press on tattoos, Super Mario Figure, Stickers, Yoshi Plush, water bottle, Super Mario Gummies or a box already filled with party favors. Here are some choices:
Are you ready to throw your party?! I hope these Super Mario Party Ideas gave you some really good inspiration.