If you need an easy to make Halloween treat for treat bags, a class party or for your kids just because; this Monster Munch recipe is perfectly spook-tacular!
What do you get when you mix popcorn, Reese’s pieces, candy corn and almond bark? One heck of a tasty Halloween treat! It’s been years since I made this and after having to hide it from myself to stop eating it, I wondered why I waited so long to make it again. The bad thing about hiding it from yourself is I still know where it is. Sigh…
Have you ever popped a bowl of popcorn and thrown some candy in with it? I do it all the time and one of my favorite mixtures is Reese’s pieces and candy corn. Another favorite is M&Ms, but for a Halloween treat, the colors of the Reese’s and candy corn are obviously perfection.
Easy Halloween Treat: How to Make Monster Munch
1. Pop a bowl of popcorn. Use either about 1/2 cup of kernels or a regular sized microwave popcorn bag. I used microwave popcorn with light butter. Pour it into a bowl and let it cool. Make sure to get all of the unpopped kernels out so someone doesn’t break a tooth.
2. After the popcorn has cooled, throw in 1/2 cup (or more if you so desire) of Reese’s pieces and 1 cup (or more if you so desire) of the Candy Corn. You can also add peanuts, but if you plan on bringing this to school or putting it in treat bags, make sure there are no peanut allergies.
3. Now it’s time for the yummy stuff that holds this concoction altogether. The stuff I break out every holiday season… almond bark or vanilla candy coating. I make peanut butter balls for Christmas with the dark chocolate almond bark. And yes, I’ll be posting a recipe for that soon.
4. Mix it together making sure everything is coated and the candy is evenly spread out, not in chunks.
5. Spread the mixture out on a lined baking sheet. I used wax paper, but you could also use parchment paper. Let it harden for about 30 minutes.
5. After it’s hardened, break it up into smaller bite-sized chunks. It’s officially ready to devour!
You may also be interested in this Halloween Kitchen Decor...