Nachos is a favorite party food of mine to serve. It’s quite possibly because I love nachos. Like, a lot. The great thing about nachos is you can serve it as an appetizer or it can even be the main meal. This is an easy way to feed a big crowd and it’s definitely a crowd pleaser.
If you are looking for an easy appetizer or main dish to serve at your next party, here’s a recipe for Super Nachos:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Pinch of salt
- 1 small can refried beans or bean dip
- 1 10 or 12-ounce bag corn tortilla chips
- 1 1/4 pounds Monterey Jack or Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 6-ounce can black olives, chopped
- Brown the ground beef in a medium skillet. Drain. Add the chili powder, cumin and salt. Set aside for a moment.
- Spread a thin layer of refried beans or bean dip over the bottom of a platter or shallow, heat-proof bowl to anchor the first layer of chips.
- Then spread a layer of chips over the beans, top with a layer of cheese, ground beef, onion, tomato and olives. Repeat until all the ingredients are used. Or, since this recipe usually makes about 4 layers, you can divide all the toppings into 4 portions for even layering.
- Microwave on high until heated through, about 10 minutes, or bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes. Serve warm with sour cream and Guacamole Dip, if desired.